COVID-19 Safe Policy & Protocol
Our words for this season are flexibility and safety. We have not stopped dancing, growing, learning and we are excited to head into our 2020/2021 season!
Next season will look a little different. To ensure the health and safety of our students, we will follow guidelines outlined by the Ontario government.
As we work together, here is what we would like you to know:
The Schedule & Classroom:
- We will stagger class start times to reduce the number of people in the building.
- There will be social distancing markers in the lobby and changeroom.
- Each studio will have a grid pattern outlining each dancer’s social distance space.
- To maintain the required limited in-studio numbers and to give everyone a chance to dance in person, we will implement a class rotation. One week in the studio, one week on zoom.
- The first 10-week session of Creative A and Creative Toddler & Parent programs will run only on Zoom.
- For our Creative 3 program, we will ask one parent to attend class with your child. The parent will stay in the social distance square with their child. At this age children still need a hug at times and having a parent in the room will help.
- Entry will be through Unit 31 front door (as normal).
- Exit will be through Unit 30 and 31 rear doors.
- Arriving, students will line up outside the front door of Unit 31, using the sideway social distancing markers provided.
- Pre-screening will take place before entering the building.
- Hand sanitizing station will be set up in the vestibule.
- Students will follow social distancing markers in lobby and changeroom as they make their way to class.
- A secondhand sanitizing station will be set up at each studio door.
- Students enter the studio, placing their dance shoes and/or water bottle in their assigned spot then move to a grid.
- When class is over students will line up at the rear doors, using social distancing.
- A third hand sanitizing station will be set up at the rear door.
- Pick up will be at our rear exit doors, Unit 30 & 31. Traffic needs to flow in one direction, so cars enter from Ridgeway Drive (east side) and travel west to the rear doors. Pre-screening:
- Everyone coming into the building will need to answer pre-screening questions and have their temperature checked.
- Parents must wait until their child has been cleared to enter the building.
In the event someone contracts the virus
- We will follow the procedures and guidelines set by Peel Public Health.
Here is what we will do in the studio to keep students safe:
- Staff will be tested for COVID-19
- Staff will not report to work if within the last 14 days they have been unwell or have had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
- We will wash and sanitize our hands often.
- We will wear mask when teaching if recommended by Peel Health.
- We will sanitize all common touchpoints between each class.
- We will supervise arrival and dismissal of students.
- We have removed chairs and tables from the lobby and changeroom.
- The microwave, fridge and lobby coffee will not be used.
- Numerous hand sanitizing stations will be set up for staff and student use.
- No props will be used.
- No unnecessary body contact (e.g. hugs, high five etc.).
- JLSD staff will supervise arrival and dismissal.
- HVAC filters are changed quarterly, and fan coil cleaning has been added the maintenance roster.
Here’s what we need parents and students to do:
- Answer pre-screening questions as you social distance on the front sidewalk. Pre-screening will include temperature check by a JLSD staff member or an assigned adult volunteer, for anyone coming into the building.
- Pre-screening information will be kept in accordance with Peel Public Health’s guidance.
Parents are to wait in cars as the lobby will not be available.
- Students must not come to class if within the last 14 days they have been unwell or have had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19.
- Only one adult to drop off and pick up
Students in Junior Level classes & up (age 7 +) are asked to come into the building independently
Students in our Creative and Mini level classes may be accompanied into the lobby by one adult. The parent can assist putting on dance shoes then the enters the changeroom/studio independently. Parents must practice social distance during this time.
- Students will use all hand sanitizing stations provided. (Entrance, Studio, Exit)
- Students are to come to class dressed ready in their JLSD uniform and arrive not more than 10 minutes before class start time.
- Students are to only bring their required change of shoes and a water bottle to class. While the weather permits, all outer wear (sweaters, pants, jackets) are to be left with parent.
- Students are encouraged to go to the bathroom and wash their hands before coming into the studio.
- Students and parents are encouraged to wipe all items with sanitizer wipes e.g. shoes, water bottle, before & after coming to the studio.
- Please “Name” all items being brought to the studio as there will be no lost and found.
- Parents are asked to be punctual when picking up.
- Parents are to display a sign in their car with their child’s name in large bold letters.